Sunday, February 01, 2009

Well, it's finally happened.
I have wanted to keep this blog non-political but I can't stand it any longer!

This was the last straw!


Several thoughts:


This proves that people in Washington are so out of touch it is ridiculous!

Accelerated Retirement of Inefficient Vehicles Act = Liberal speak for you refuse to buy and drive what I want you to, and since I have the power of the government, I am going to take from you what you want and make you buy what you don't want!

This proposal will target any vehicle with lower fuel-economy ratings. Participants will receive a cash voucher to purchase a more fuel-efficient new car or used car (model year 2004 or later) or receive credit for the purchase of public transportation tickets. Under the legislation, “fuel efficient” means at least 25% better mileage than the CAFE standard. According to Time.com in an article dated Nov 7 2008 the cafe standard for light trucks is 22.2 mpg. Therefore, do the math, 22.2 x 1.25 = 27.75 mpg. Does anyone know of a truck, minivan, or suv, 2004 or newer, that gets 27.75 mpg? And, if available, can you buy it for $4500?

The minimal $1,500–$4,500 voucher value: This one really frosts me! How out of touch do these Washington libs have to be to think you can buy a 2004 or newer vehicle for $1500 to $4500? I checked my Sunday paper today and the only vehicles you can buy for $4500 are the ones that the libs are wanting to crush!

This policy is going to decrease the inventory of available vehicles to purchase. Therefore, due to the Law of Supply and Demand which libs have never heard of, it will cause the price of all vehicles to go up!

It is one thing for someone with a good job to be forced to replace a vehicle, but what about those who are unemployed, underemployed, or poor? And, what about the people in the northern states who need trucks and suvs to get around? And it's not just the north. Look at Arkansas and Kentucky. They are covered in ice and snow. They need the bigger vehicles just to get around

Well, I think I have vented enough. I could go on all day but I have a life and other things to do!






No comments: