Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wisdom from the Word

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel. Proverbs 12:10

++++++++++++++
Hints for Your Health


Tips for a Powerful New Year
Jon Gordon

Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.

More tomorrow

+++++++++++++
Millionaire Memo

Have A Team of Experts
Lisa Wilber
If I had to name one woman that impacted my life more than any other in 2006, that woman would be Connie Kittson. Connie is a National Sales Director with Mary Kay and I met her last year in Dallas at the Direct Selling Women's Alliance National Conference. (if you haven't checked out the DSWA yet, you are missing an opportunity to explode your business: www.dswa.org) Connie and her 19 year old daughter Kristin both taught classes at the conference.
Their main message: you can be a successful driven direct seller and it won't mess up your kids. I don't know about you, but I desperately needed to hear that. I wanted proof, too; and meeting and listening to Kristin gave me that proof. You have got to her this girl's message -- she even recorded and sells a CD online! (www.growingupindirectsales.com) In Connie's class I learned to give myself permission to hire other people to do many of the tasks that I have been trying to do myself, freeing up my time to do what I love and what I do best. Connie has a personal assistant and hires people to do things such as drop off her dry cleaning and planting her garden. Anything she doesn't really love to do, she hires out. I'm still working on making these ideas part of my life, but have started building my "Team of Experts" that I hire to do the things I don't want to learn to do (like computer work), don't like (like house cleaning) or that I'm just plain not good at (like accounting).
My "Team" consists of many people and I keep my list of contact numbers right on my frig along with my list of possible baby sitters. Some of my Team members: the honey-do man (for $25 an hour, he'll put up my christmas lights, fix the leak around my toilet, change the light bulb in my ceiling fan, insulate my windows for winter or any other job that needs to be done), the accountant (payroll for my two businesses, income tax preparation and keeps track of my investment portfolio), the lawyer (his firm has many lawyers with different specialties so they were able to handle real estate transactions, a divorce, adoption and will all in the same office), the cleaning company (once every two weeks the cleaning company comes and does a good cleaning so I know at least once every two weeks everything gets cleaned!), the lawn mowing service (once a week they come on a schedule, mow and bill me) and the snow removal company (the "Dad" plows our driveway and the "Son" shovels our walk ways).
I'll bet some of these jobs you are thinking "I could do that myself and save some money" -- but could you? How much is your time worth per hour? How much do you want your time to be worth per hour? Are you an Expert in that task?
Why not pay someone else to do that task and you spend the same amount of time and energy working your business and doing the work where you ARE an expert? After all, you wouldn't drill your own teeth, would you? And I hope you aren't cutting your own hair, either; because as a professional business person having a professional cut and style your hair is a must. So why do the tasks that you don't love or just plain aren't good at? Start making your list of the tasks that you can pay someone else to do. At first you may need to swap them products from your company for their services. And remember to invest the time it frees up for you into your business. This one bit of advice has turned my life around! When Lydia Mae was born in June, 2005; I operated on overwhelm for quite a few months. Thank goodness I attended the DSWA convention and met Connie and Kristin! I still get overwhelmed some days, but I'm working through it by finding other people to help do many of the tasks I used to dread. I'm also over my guilt about "messing up" Lydia Mae because I'm a driven business owner. Thanks to Kristin I know that Lydia Mae will be learning many valuable lessons from me as she grows and helps me with my business and it's my job to include her. Lydia Mae is going to have so many opportunities that other children won't have BECAUSE of my direct sales business. It's not going to mess her up, it's going to EMPOWER her! And isn't that what every Mom wants for her baby?

+++++++++++++++
Business Dynamite (“explode” your business)

Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion. Jim Rohn

++++++++
Knowledge Nuggets

Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming. Jim Rohn

+++++++++++++++++
Remember: God knew everything you would ever do and created you anyway! Don’t let your past hold you prisoner!

Live Your Potential!

No comments: